Marjane

Marjane

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Meg's Persepolis Week Two-Snippets

I enjoyed the exercise of drawing a panel of one of our previous English studies in Marjane Satrapi's style. However, I found it really difficult to imagine a character in lets say, Twelfth Night, as a Marjane style character. So, I used the sterotype of the wealthy, arrogant Shah's clothing portrayed in Marjane's Persepolis with a mix of Uncle Anoosh. (He had the hair and face)

So, I ended up drawing a picture of Uncle Anoosh as the Duke in Twelfth Night. :)



As you can see, there is also my failed attempt at drawing Marjane as Viola with Marjane Satrapi's style of shadows on the face. Please ignore this.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, you actually did very well Megan. I think that your drawing skills really illuminate what you want to say.
    Your Viola picture does protray how Viola's other half (her brother)is gone. Just like the dicussion we had during studing Twelfth Night- Do twins have connections, emotionally and mentally? And how that effects them.

    -Denitza

    ReplyDelete